Heartwood Bowl Pricing
My prices are determined by:
* The quality and availability of the wood
used. About 70% of the wood I turn I purchase because it has
very unusual grain patterns. For example, to find and purchase
material in Maple Burl or Redwood Burl with proper integrity
to make an 18 x 7 bowl is very difficult and expensive.
* Size of the bowl blankmore material
* Time to machine and sand, and total curing
time. Wood with swirling grain patterns is unique and beautiful,
but much more difficult to shape with a flawless surface.
Woods such as Walnut take longer to cure completely.
* General market guidelines for this type
* If you would like to make an offer of
a different price, while assessing the factors above, I will
carefully consider it.
To make an inquiry or to order a bowl, please
use our online Customer Contact Form.